We are thrilled to announce that we’ve increased the flexibility of our Demographics API to allow for custom-built polygons.
Our Demographics API has long been popular among our customers, and it’s easy to see why. It gives robust information about the population anywhere in the US and Canada and is organized by categories, such as education level, household and individual income, population age, and more.
Today, we are thrilled to announce that we’ve increased the flexibility of the API to allow for custom-built polygons. This means you’ll now be able to define the area you want the data for with unprecedented precision.
Local Logic uses Canadian and US censuses to provide sociodemographic data at the street level. Our team uses the finest geographical granularity available to get the best precision.
As for demographic categories, here is a list of what we currently support:
At the resident level:
- Commute mode: percentage of people who use a certain method of transportation to work/school for the majority of their week
- Education level: highest level of education received
- Employment status: current employment situation
- Income: income in the country’s currency
- Language known: ability to speak a particular language
- Mother tongue: language spoken at home
- Population: total population count
- Population age: proportion of residents in each age bracket
At the household level:
- Household children: average number of children
- Household composition: relationship between people occupying a particular household
- Housing tenancy: proportion of households occupied by renters/owners
- Housing type: proposition of housing types
We also support family composition data.
Note that some of these categories are only available in Canada or the US. Please get in touch with our team if you have any questions or if you’d like to receive a data sample.
New Spatial Flexibility
Our demographic data has historically covered a 500-meter radius or a walking distance of 5 minutes around a specific location – defined through a latitude/longitude combination.
But we’ve listened to your feedback, and today, we are super excited to announce that we have increased the flexibility of our Demographics API to allow for polygon queries.
This flexibility now allows you to define the area through your own polygon or a series of presets across all populated areas in the US and Canada.
One of many product upgrades
This exciting new feature is the latest in a series of major product announcements that include:
- New crime and (more) school data
- Additional points of interest data
- The industry’s first wellness score
And we’re only getting started! Sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss our future announcements.
Get a data sample